Preem's live-action sci-fi and anime corner

Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Preem's live-action sci-fi and anime corner

Post by Preem Palver on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 am

This section needs more action. And I need more posts to take over the forums. So I'm starting this topic to discuss the two main types of series I'm watching most of the times:
    - current and recent US/Canadian live-action science fiction series
    - anime series of all kinds
    I'll post what I'm watching, discuss what others post, make recommendations and generally brag with the amounts of time I spend with these activities.

So... a few of the things I'm watching these days:
    - live-action sci-fi:

• Stargate Universe (they canceled it! what will I watch in the future?)
    • Sanctuary (waiting for these two to start airing the second parts of the current seasons)
    • V (not great but it's more than nothing)
    • Primeval (just watched the last episode of series 4... great stuff, but the seasons are always too short)

- anime:

• of the current anime season, I've been waiting for Gosick the most (and so far, it has delivered) - I'm a sucker for mystery-ish stories
    • continuing Letter Bee - still very nice
    • and, of course, the second season of Toaru Majutsu no Index ('such misfortune'... need I say more? Very Happy )
    • Fractale and a few more from the current season to kill some time
    • rewatching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (need to finish the OVAs)...
    • ... and Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (still as crazy as first time I watched it)...
    • ... and at least another half dozen series that are kinda on hold for the time being

Yeah, I need to get a life. Now, discuss (no, not me getting a life...).
    krissu000
    Lieutenant Spammer Class
    Lieutenant Spammer Class

Re: Preem's live-action sci-fi and anime corner

Post by krissu000 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:52 am

Series. Mosstly sci-fi only Very Happy. Just got SYFY to Estonian TV Very Happy.

Why did they cancel SGU? I thought it's only a break and a next episode should air soon. Currently i'm watching Heroes on my phone and then i should start watchin Caprica or Sanctuary. Wich one is better?

Anime. Just watched the last aired Bleach yesterday. It was AWESOME. Can't wait, when the next one is coming, but wont start reading manga. No way!

Waiting new epsiodes of Naruto. And i just cathced up with One Piece and currently watching its movies.

And thats pretty much it for me. Don't know any of the anime you wrote down there Very Happy
    Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by Preem Palver on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:00 am

Why? Because of ratings, of course, that's why - money is the only language, and it wasn't bringing enough money to SyFy.
    link
    The remaining 10 episodes will air as planned - but there will be no more SGU after that (and who knows if there is to be any kind of Stargate any time soon). Back to rewatching SG-1 and Atlantis at least once a year, I guess...
    krissu000
    Lieutenant Spammer Class
    Lieutenant Spammer Class

Post by krissu000 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:18 am

Sad I thought SGU brought lots of money. And my father just wanted SG-1, so yesterday started from the beginning with it Very Happy
    Nyradir
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Nyradir on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 am

SGU just download it DVDrip version first season now i need to get time to check it.
    SG1 is still my favorite, to parts whn ori arives, I liked lame ass Goaulds as enemies, join us or DIE Very Happy RAWR

Otherwise i'm watching Supernatural, finally new part came out, The walking Dead - going out slowly...
    For animes, watched bleach and naruto and got bored of waiting and all Very Happy

I suggest these animes to watch:
    - Vexille (robotic gears, shooting weapons, futoristic, very good graphics, Movie)
    - Ergo Proxy (few parts, futoristic, mystery, drama, action, ghost, superpowers,... weird anime but very nice q to watch)

Wont suggest to many of animes, some of you probably watched it all already haha, buut maybe there is some interesting in it and classics like Claymore (chicks with huge swords killing monsters),... Enjoy
    Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by Preem Palver on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 am

I also downloaded SGU - but in my defense, I don't live in the US/UK, so I didn't harm any ratings (I wish there was anything at least as good as SGU that I could watch around here...). I'll be rewatching Atlantis now, at least that should keep me busy for a while.
    As for anime, yeah, I've watched a few - and there's more than a few on my to-watch list... Always up for a little action, as long as it's not only action. I'm not looking for anything long at the moment - something short, to keep my interest until I finish it, so it doesn't end up on hold; preferably something like Code Geass lol!
    krissu000
    Lieutenant Spammer Class
    Lieutenant Spammer Class

Post by krissu000 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

Supernatural. Only watched a few of this. And The Walking Daed. Only watched the first and i luv it. I've seen so much SGA in lately, so wont be watching that any time soon.

I know you like Code Geass, Preem, but do you know any others, just like that? I watched one anime of suits like that, but can't rem what it was Sad. And Ergo Proxy is quite good. Tho i didn't watch it to the end.
    Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by Preem Palver on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 am

That's two votes for Ergo Proxy, I'll have to check it out.
    mak
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by mak on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 am

hrm

sci-fi wise: i've recently re-watched all Battlestar Galactica seasons (the new series)
    currently re-watching all SG-1 episodes (on season 7 atm)
    have downloaded SGU s1 (to watch after SGA)
    going to to download SGa all season to watch after SG-1

anime-wise: too much to name though atm no new upcoming anime pleases me much
    manga-wise: i'm doing more of this then anime-watching so always looking for more to read and also following up on about 20 series ongoing atm.
    if you want more info on my anime and manga stuff i can link you to my MAL (MyAnimeList)
    krissu000
    Lieutenant Spammer Class
    Lieutenant Spammer Class

Post by krissu000 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 am

mak wrote:hrm

sci-fi wise: i've recently re-watched all Battlestar Galactica seasons (the new series)

Yeah, BSG. Have watched that aswell, but with my father and he can't speak English and there weren't good subs for the last season, so haven't watched season 4
    Dowsett
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by Dowsett on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:03 pm

I just rewatched entire sg1 as well
    Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by Preem Palver on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Anyone watched this week's SGU?
    Spoiler:
    We've had the return of the blueberry aliens, yet another advanced alien civilization's last survivors committing mass suicide, a deadly-automated-drone-brought-on-board-to-reprogram deja vu, annoying girl is back to normal - more or less - and Rush is acting spooky.
    All in all, a pretty interesting episode.
    Preem Palver
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by Preem Palver on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:41 am

Well, this week is turning out interesting.
    SGU is starting to make me regret it's going to end; with the exception of a few things
    Spoiler:
    - such as knowing from the start that one of the Rushes and one of the Telfords are going to die, or not quite figuring out why Rush traveled back in time in the first place -,
    this episode was among the best so far; we had
    Spoiler:
    Rush throwing jokes at himself, Eli being told that he's the smartest person alive, a hilarious shout out to McKay, Chloe being useful, Everett being sensible and people generally behaving like grown-ups.

V is quickly approaching the climax, as proven by the storm of happenings in the latest episode:
    Spoiler:
    Lisa fails to kill Anna, who in turn kills Diana in sight of everyone on the mothership and gets away with it, then throws her daughter into her grandmother's cell, proceeds to make a new Lisa and allows the old one to live so she can witness version 2.0 go female mantis on her beloved T; Ryan is killed - or so it would seem - by his own daughter, who later joins Anna in a successful attempt to bliss all the stupid humans (including the unwavering Jack Landry); Hobbes is AWOL, Chad Decker is taken into custody by the Visitors, and I've no idea where the nerd is; to top it all, agent Evans is 'kidnapped' and taken to an underground complex where humanity's real last stand has been prepared.
    All in all, nothing boring about it (well, except all the melodrama about emotions that I won't be missing when the series ends).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am